Monday, March 05, 2007

Damn Man! You Guys Rock!

http://www.myspace.com/peoplemachinemusic
http://www.myspace.com/kaarerocks

You know that moment when you feel like your the first to discover something great? You pass it around to all your friends saying "HERE! THIS IS THE FUTURE! AND YOUR AN IDIOT IF YOU DON'T GET IT!"

I'm in the middle of that moment.

Kaare Egedahl, a man I've known since we were TWO, sent me a facebook invite to showcase the reforming of a band, or at least that's how I read it. Now, I haven't spoken to Kaare since the last day of middle school and since I last viewed his facebook profile when I added him, it seemed that he grew up well, with a bit more facial hair then I remember when he was 13. But when he linked his band's profile...

Shock...
Awe...
Beauty...

The shock came from the realization that not one, but three middle school friends of mine where in this band.
The awe came from the the first few notes, this was not the music I remember Kaare being into when I last knew him. I had to remind myself, he introduced me to Korn when I was addicted to VH1, indirectly leading to me becoming a music lover.
The beauty came from the music. Lyrics, they were an instrument, not a device. The music was a wave of audio, this was far more mature than the music that had come out of SE Nebraska when I was up there.

I immediately wrote up Kaare and told him that it was awesome and he should play SXSW if he ever gets the chance. The though of there being a future where three Paul Breaux alumni where in a band and one Paul Breaux alumni was introducing a film at the same festival is just too cool for words.

Check out both profiles. Hear good music.

1 comment:

meganberry said...

i miss talking to you.