Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What would you do if I sang out of tune?

Last night may have been one of the greatest failures that Improv Lite had ever seen. At 9:58 there was nobody there but Carly, Amy, and Peter. Quoc and Ameer were there to help set up but there was NO AUDIENCE. I had decided to cancel the show and was basically in full breakdown mode with Carly trying to console me. Quoc was literally coiling the cables when I did a quick head count and suddenly realized that with just my friends here I had seven people who could preform, which is basically the bare minimum I need to get a show working. So I told Quoc to reconnect the mic and we started the show. Ten minutes in a LARGE crowd of exchange students came in and decided to join in on the fun. In the end Ameer estimated a crowd of 20 people saw the show.

I just want to say how amazing my friends are. I was literally a crying mess and my friends didn't give up on me. This one event I think just cements in one "Disney" moment how important friends are. In honor of the greatest act of kindness I've had in a long time I would like to present a clip that is very near and dear to me.

No comments: