Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The New Facebook OR How I became a Jedi

Yeah, I'm a Jedi Knight now. That's what my facebook profile says. I admit, this is not a original joke, read about it. But it just goes to show that when you alter one of the most popular web sites on the internet, people tend to get up in arms about it.

I've been hearing "Facebook SUCKS!" all day today after the changes took place but frankly, I'm just fine about it. The layout is getting close to cluttered but I don't think it's gotten there yet and I will be looking into seeing if I can remove certain things on the main profile page. But before you get too upset about the changes just remember how crappy MySpace looks these days.

MySpace reminds me of the web publishing boom of the mid-90's when geocities was king. Everyone with base understanding of HTML 4 or Netscape Composer would create these crappy pages with blinking text and "Under Construction" photos that never changed, leaving wastelands of half-done crappy sites. Heck, I wrote many of them myself. MySpace profile changers give people the ability to customize the site to their hearts at the expense of being APPEALING!!!!

I don't want to see horrid backgrounds with transparent text with some emo band blaring at me. Have some design sense when working on customizing your web presence. That is why this blog is so minimalist, less clutter, more focus on the content.

Anywho, I'm getting the Madrigal table ready in the morning and I could really use some 10:30-10:45 help. I'm also bummed that I have to tell my boss at 8 that I'm leaving at 9, but that's life.

No comments: