Saturday, October 07, 2006

A Perfect Sonnet

I don't know how to feel right now about this project. In less than 12 hours I start shooting on what is arguably my first real narrative video. I've done comedy shorts, I've done commercials but nothing that required me to tell a story, to tell actors how to preform, to edit for clarity, to shoot multiple setups, and to do continous shooting for four hours. To tell you the truth, this is something I've been wanting to do for four years now and finally I get the chance.

I love my cast. Seriously folks, I'm blessed to have friends with actual acting talent. And while I hate to pick out a favorite I would have to choose Micha on this one. In terms of the quanity of quality work that he has done and my admiration for what appears to be effortless comedic timing, I can't find an equal. But let me not shortsight Carly and Ameer, two people who I find to be amazing people and talented, dedicated actors. Between my three actors I have decades of experiance to rely on and for a first narritive short, you can't really beat that.

I have a tendancy to want to shoot comedic actors in dramatic scenes. I find in comedic actors the sort of life backgrounds that lend to restrained performances if you push them the right way. I've written the script to be very subtle with how the two leads motion to each other, it will be amazing to watch these two insane people do very simple, "cute" motions with each other.

There is so much more I can say about this project, but I'd rather check the camera equipment. More stories after I shoot the damn thing.

OH! Here's the song I based the script off of



No comments: